Wheeler Hartford Family Health & Wellness Center, 43 Woodland Street
Complete Health Care, One Convenient Location.
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Center is a community health center that provides medical and dental care for you and your family, as well as behavioral health care, an on-site pharmacy and alternative and complementary medicine, such as chiropractic care and more. Complete health care, in one location.
- Medical care for all ages
- Physical exams
- Pediatrics, including well-child care and immunizations
- COVID vaccines and testing for existing patients only
- Women’s health care
- Preventive health screening for women, annual wellness visits, gynecology, obstetrics and family planning. Also, parenting supports and infant and toddler nutrition.
- Chronic disease management for asthma, diabetes, hypertension/heart health, HIV, and treatment and services for Hepatitis C
- LGBTQIA-responsive services
- HIV/AIDS medical case management
- And more!
- Behavioral health services for all ages, including individual and family therapy. We can help with anxiety, depression, defiant behaviors, trauma, grief, substance use disorders, and more. Intensive Outpatient Programs are available also! Psychiatric services, including evaluations and medication management, are also provided. Our services are LGBTQIA-responsive.
- Walk-In Access to Behavioral Health Services
We believe we can best support our patients when we meet face to face. We also think it’s important to have a space outside of your home to safely engage in therapy. Our health centers are safe, follow the best guidance for social distancing and mask-wearing, and we want to return to face to face services as the standard.
Walk-in care is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Walk-in appointments are based on staffing availability at the time. Everyone walking in will be asked to screen for COVID-19.
Monday–Friday: 9:00 AM–3:30 PM
- Walk-In Access to Behavioral Health Services
- Dental care and coordination for the whole family.
Walk-in dental emergency visits for all ages, 9:30 AM–1:00 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays! Visit the 3rd floor or call our Navigation Center at 860.793.3500 for more information.
"No-Drill" Dentistry, a painless alternative that is safe and effective for children and adults and covered by Medicaid and many private insurances.
- Treatment for addiction, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and Buprenorphine (Suboxone)) for alcohol, heroin and opiate addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports.
- Acupuncture for addiction treatment
- Complementary medicine for pain management
- Chiropractic care, in conjunction with Anthony Debe, DC, to help patients with back, neck and other musculoskeletal aches and pain, reduce inflammation, relieve headaches, and so much more!
- On-site Genoa Healthcare pharmacy
- Free delivery or curbside pick-up
- Fills all medications (not just behavioral health)
- Mails all medications (at no extra cost) or you can pick them up at curbside
- Organizes your pills based on the date and time you need to take them, making it easy to stay on track
- Helps you transfer prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Quest Diagnostics laboratory services
- Care management services
- Community Health Workers, who can connect patients to services and resources in the Hartford community
- Nutrition Services. Services include: Nutrition counseling, self-management of diabetes and other health conditions, pediatric nutrition program, and eating for healthy lifestyles counseling
- Laboratory services.
- Our lab accepts lab slips from Wheeler Health and Wellness Center providers at 43 Woodland Street. Some of the services available include: blood draws, breathe tests, observed urine tests, in-house pick up services for departments, and so much more!
- 49 Woodland Street is adjacent to the Family Health & Wellness Center on the same property and is home to our prevention and wellness center.
Staff Focused on YOUR Needs and Whole-Person Health
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers provide medical and behavioral health care, as well as preventive dental and support services. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work together to meet your whole-health needs.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Wheeler's Health & Wellness Center, Hartford, is funded in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n)
Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services. Improvements to the Family Health & Wellness Center are supported in part by the State of Connecticut Nonprofit Grant Program, the Connecticut Health & Educational Facilities Authority, the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, and the Ensworth Charitable Foundation. Additional support is provided by Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation. Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).