Wheeler Health and Wellness Center, Hartford
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Center at 999 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, is a federally qualified health center that offers convenient primary care, substance abuse treatment and behavioral health care for adults. Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. A sliding fee scale is available based on family size and income. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services.
Behavioral Health Hours - for adults
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Walk-in Behavioral Health Hours - for adults
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Primary care hours* - for adults
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Center offers:
- Primary care for adults (ages 18+)
- Physical examinations
- Substance abuse treatment services, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and Buprenorphine (Suboxone)) for alcohol, heroin and opiate addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports
- Behavioral health care services
- (Walk-ins welcome for first-time appointments for adults on Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.)
- Women's health care
- Coordination and referral for dental care, pediatrics and specialty health services
* AFTER HOURS: If you have a medical need that requires assistance prior to the next business day, please call 860.523.9788. Leave your contact information, and a member of our medical staff will return your call. In the event of a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Meet Our Staff
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Centers provide a continuum of integrated primary care, behavioral health, preventive dental and support services. Our medical care providers (listed below), medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
- Jessica Angle, APRN
- Marlene Dolat, APRN
- Robert Grillo, MD, Medical Director, Psychiatry
- E. Rodney Hornbake, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Primary Care
- Laurie Kennedy, APRN