Wheeler Hartford Family Health & Wellness Center, 43 Woodland Street
Complete Health Care, One Convenient Location.
- Wheeler outpatient and primary care sites, including our Family Health & Wellness Centers in Bristol, Hartford, New Britain, and Waterbury, and 91 Northwest Drive location in Plainville, will operate from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. during the week and can accommodate walk-ins, however, calling first is strongly recommended. Most services can be provided by telephone or telehealth.
- Services at the Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center Behavioral Health services office at 225 North Main Street, Bristol, will be held at 10 North Main Street, Bristol. *Effective June 29, 2020, in-person services, including individual therapy and intakes, will be offered at 225 North Main Street, Bristol. Telehealth services also are offered.
- Wheeler's Navigation Center is open at 860.793.3500, Monday through Thursday, 8AM to 6PM and Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
- Learn more about drive-through and walk-in COVID testing at Wheeler's Hartford Family Health & Wellness Center.
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Center is a community health center that provides medical and dental care for you and your family, as well as behavioral health care, an on-site pharmacy and a full range of alternative and complementary medicine, such as yoga, chiropractic care, acupuncture, exercise and mindfulness. Our doctors, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors, community health workers, and patient care coordinators work as a team to meet your complete health care needs, in one location.
- Primary care for all ages (medical care for you and your family)
- Well-child care and pediatrics
- Women’s health care
- Preventive health screening for women, annual wellness visits, gynecology, obstetrics and family planning. Also, parenting supports and infant and toddler nutrition.
- A Certified Nurse Midwife, Adele Silhavy, CNM, offers an array of services to consumers, including annual exams, counseling and linkages to services such as yoga and acupuncture.
- Behavioral health services for all ages (counseling and support)
- Dental care and coordination for the whole family.
- "No-Drill" Dentistry, a painless alternative that is safe and effective for children and adults and covered by Medicaid and many private insurances.
- Treatment for addiction, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and Buprenorphine (Suboxone)) for alcohol, heroin and opiate addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports.
- Acupuncture for addiction treatment
- Complementary medicine for pain management
- Geriatric services for seniors
- Care management services
- Community Health Workers, who can connect patients to services and resources in the Hartford community
- HIV/AIDS case management
- Nutrition Services. Services include: Nutrition counseling, self-management of diabetes and other health conditions, pediatric nutrition program, and eating for healthy lifestyles counseling
- Laboratory services.
- Our lab accepts lab slips from Wheeler Health and Wellness Center providers at 43 Woodland Street. Some of the services available include: blood draws, breathe tests, observed urine tests, in-house pick up services for departments, and so much more!
- 49 Woodland Street is adjacent to the Family Health & Wellness Center on the same property and is home to our prevention and wellness center.
Staff Focused on YOUR Needs and Whole-Person Health
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers provide medical and behavioral health care, as well as preventive dental and support services. Our doctors, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work together to meet your whole-health needs.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Wheeler's Health & Wellness Center, Hartford, is funded in part by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Wheeler is a
Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health
Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n)
Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services. Improvements to the Family Health & Wellness Center are supported in part by the State of Connecticut Nonprofit Grant Program, the Connecticut Health & Educational Facilities Authority, the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, and the Ensworth Charitable Foundation. Additional support is provided by Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation. Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).