Pediatrics & Dental Care
Your family has unique needs. Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Centers in Bristol and Hartford provide high-quality, same-day care to fit your busy life. We offer full pediatric services, including:
- Well-Child Care & Immunizations
- Sick Child Visits
- Physical Examinations
- Family Dental Care in Hartford
- School & Camp Physicals
- Referrals to Speciality Services
- On-site Behavioral Health Services, for things like anxiety, depression, and more
- Care Coordination & Case Management Services
Free School Supplies With Pediatric Physicals
While Supplies Last
While supplies last, all children who visit Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers in Bristol, Waterbury, and Hartford for a school physical will receive a backpack pre-filled with school supplies, including face masks and hand sanitizers.
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, 10 North Main Street, Bristol
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, 43 Woodland Street, Hartford
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, 855 Lakewood Road, Waterbury
Staff Focused on YOUR Family's Needs and Whole-Person Health
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers provide a continuum of integrated primary care, behavioral health, dental and support services. Our medical care providers, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services. Funding is provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Improvements to the Family Health & Wellness Center are supported in part by the State of Connecticut Nonprofit Grant Program, the Connecticut Health & Educational Facilities Authority, the Maximilian E. and Marion O. Hoffman Foundation, and the Ensworth Charitable Foundation. Additional support is provided by Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation. Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
SCHOOL-BASED HEALTH CENTERS
Wheeler and the Bristol Public Schools have partnered to expand access to health services for students and their families. New school-based behavioral health clinics employ a national cognitive behavioral intervention model to help students address trauma-related issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and behavioral health issues, and provide other evidence-based interventions to address an array of problems, including anxiety, depression, academic and peer challenges, and more. Linkage to other services in the Bristol community, including assistance with SNAP enrollment and connections with primary care at Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Center, and a broad continuum of outpatient and community-based levels of care, also are provided. A Wheeler clinician supports each school location.
Bristol Public Schools
- Bristol Central High School, 480 Wolcott Street
- Bristol Eastern High School, 632 King Street
- Bristol Preparatory Academy, 210 Redstone Hill Road
- Chippens Hill School, 551 Peacedale Street
- Edgewood School, 345 Mix Street
- Greene-Hills School, 718 Pine Street
- Hubbell School, 90 West Washington Street
- Ivy Drive School, 160 Ivy Drive
- Mountain View School, 71 Vera Road
- Northeast Middle School, 530 Stevens Street
- South Side School, 21 Tuttle Road
- Stafford School, 212 Louisiana Avenue
- West Bristol School, 500 Clarke Avenue