Invest in Impact - Donate
Community. Health. Care.
Wheeler's success is based on the support of our philanthropic investors, who have supported us in three strategically vital areas not supported through other funding. Learn more about these areas today.
- Invest In A More Just Tomorrow...And A Better Today. Support areas that affect social inequality and the social determinents of health.
- Invest In Wellness For All. Support accessible, equitable health care in our communities, through Wheeler's community health centers. No patient is denied service due to an inability to pay.
- Invest In Our Students. Support our K-age 21 therapeutic day school, Northwest Village School, supporting students from more than 60 districts across the state.
- Invest in Wheeler Now - MAKE A DONATION ONLINE
We are hope for the family who has tried so hard to help their son’s addiction.
We are the promise of a healthy baby for a mom who’s exhausted from fighting every obstacle, every day.
We are the teachers who provided the best eight hours a student’s ever had in school.
We are the last shot for his parents, looking for a place that understands him.
We are the helpers who bought a man a winter coat he didn’t have.
We are the caregivers who offered respect to a woman who felt she lost her way.
We are family for a young foster son who needs to learn to trust.
We are the support that comes into living rooms, meeting families where they are, physically and emotionally.
We are the only doctor a man’s ever met who seamlessly connects him to a nutritionist.
We are the voice on the phone when a desperate teenager needs it.
We are Wheeler, and we are a philanthropic investment that pays great dividends.
For 55 years, Wheeler has taken on the most complex challenges in health care, and we’ve succeeded because of our relentless approach to innovation, quality care, outcomes, and impact.
Our philanthropic investors are partners in our work, inspiring and empowering us to expand in ways that we simply could not through other means. Wheeler was founded on this kind of investment: a transformative gift to create a new model of care for children and families in central Connecticut. Today, we’re so much more, providing a full continuum of services across the lifespan and across the state, on the leading edge of health care and at the intersection of solutions that change how we view social
inequity, community, and wellness.
If the COVID pandemic taught us anything, it’s the need for flexibility and focus on the societal chasms that are revealed once again. Seeing the pressing needs in our communities, our volunteer board of trustees engaged in a visionary look toward, and then shaped, a “new normal.” Today, we are driven by a new strategic plan that expands access to care, ensures that it is delivered equitably, and measures the impact of our work in the lives saved and transformed through our services.
Your investment can help us save even more lives.
We invite you to learn about us—or relearn what you thought you knew—and discover how our strategic priorities intersect with your passion for change.
Together, we will make a better tomorrow for Connecticut, for generations to come.
Thank you for considering an investment in our work.
- Our donors spark innovation. Mary Fran and Peter Libassi were innovators throughout their long careers. Today, their support of Wheeler through the Libassi Innovation Fund allows our staff to try and experiment with new ideas, like alternative approaches to pain management. Read more.
- Our donors help provide effective services. Ray Corsini, Wheeler's longest-serving Trustee, was a passionate cook and gardener. When he passed, his family (right) made a transformational gift to create the Corsini Kitchen at our Family Health & Wellness Center in Hartford. Today, that kitchen and the corresponding nutrition program effortlessly integrates into our whole-person approach to health care. Read more.
- Our donors enable us to do things that traditional funding does not. We know how to treat asthma. But if the child we're treating goes home to a dirty mattress, all of that treatment may not be as effective. Our Basic Needs Fund, our top priority, allows our Community Health Workers to, for example, buy a new mattress for the child they're working with. Read more.
- Our donors are ENGAGED. Our partnership with the Mott Corporation is special. Their employees, our "Mott Health Ambassadors," work side-by-side with our team at community events and programs. But they don't stop there. They collect toys for kids in our programs, they comfort families at our Remembrance Quilt events, and they have committed to supporting our shared vision of whole-person health with their philanthropic support of our community health workers. Read more.
Transform lives. Give today.
A contribution by cash or check is a convenient, tax-deductible way to support Wheeler Clinic’s mission. Gifts can be made at any time of year, either as a one-time gifts, or as a periodic contribution to support the clinic and its programs or services.
Click here to make a secure one-time or recurring online donation. It's easy, safe, and quick.
Honor the memory of your loved one through a tax-deductible contribution that will support critical programs for individuals, children and families across Connecticut.
Click here to make a secure one-time or recurring online donation.
Honoraria for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings and other special events are wonderful opportunities to show someone how much you care.
Click here to make a secure one-time or recurring online donation.
Matching corporate gifts
Matching gifts from your employer give your gift an even greater reach, allowing you to double, or in some cases, triple your contribution!
How to make a matching gift
Check with your company’s human resources department to find out about its matching gift policy. Obtain and fill out the appropriate form from your company’s human resources department and send it to us with your contribution. We will complete our portion of the form and return it to your company.
Please send contributions and matching gift forms* to:
Attn: Department of Marketing Communications and Philanthropic Giving
91 Northwest Drive
Plainville, CT 06062
*Some forms may be submitted online.
Other ways to give
Visit our planned giving microsite to learn about how planned gifts have transformed Wheeler through our history, and how planned giving offers you many benefits in estate planning and philanthropy.
Corporate and foundation partnerships
Wheeler Clinic invites corporations and foundations to partner with us in support of our mission to improve the lives of individuals and families in the communities we serve.
For more information, contact Wheeler's Department of Marketing Communications and Philanthropic Giving at email@example.com or 860.793.4214.
Consider donating or organizing the donation of practical (and fun!) items that would benefit our families and children. We encourage businesses and individuals to:
- Organize collections of back-to-school supplies for the children in our care
- Organize a diaper drive
- Organize gift card collections for individuals we serve, and
- Offer free or reduced tickets to local events and attractions for children and families.