Wheeler Health and Wellness Center, New Britain
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Center at 75 North Mountain Road, New Britain, offers convenient primary care, substance abuse treatment and behavioral health services. Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial health insurance welcome. A sliding fee scale is available based on family size and income. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services.
Behavioral Health Hours - for adults
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Walk-in Hours for Behavioral Health Evaluations - for adults
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Primary Care Hours - for adults
Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Center offers expanded services to individuals served by Wheeler, including:
- Primary care for adults (ages 18+)
- A range of substance abuse treatment services, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and buprenorphine (Suboxone®) for alcohol, heroin and opioid addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports
- Physical examinations
- Women's health care
- Behavioral health care services (Walk-ins welcome for first-time appointments for adults on Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.)
- Coordination and referral for dental care, pediatrics and specialty health services
Meet Our Staff
Wheeler’s Health & Wellness Centers provide a continuum of integrated primary care, behavioral health, preventive dental and support services. Our medical care providers (listed below), medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
- Jessica Angle, APRN
- Debbie-Ann Ellington, APRN, ANP
- Robert Grillo, MD, Medical Director, Psychiatry
- E. Rodney Hornbake, MD, FACP, Medical Director, Primary Care
- Laurie Kennedy, APRN