Wheeler New Britain Family Health and Wellness Center, 40 Hart Street, New Britain
Complete Health Care, One Convenient Location.
NEW IN NEW BRITAIN: TMS Treatment for Depression
TMS: State-of-the Art, Highly Effective Treatment for Depression from NeuroStar® This noninvasive therapy uses magnetic fields to activate regions in the brain which have decreased activity in patients with depression. It is also extremely effective for patients with anxiety disorders including OCD, has almost no contraindications, and requires no medication.
Medical Care for Adults, Children, and Families
- Physical exams
- Pediatrics, including well-child care and immunizations
- COVID and Flu Vaccines - Help protect yourself and the people around you by getting a flu and COVID vaccine.
- No insurance? We offer walk-in vaccinations for you and your family, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 3:30 PM, at our Family Health & Wellness Centers in Hartford and Waterbury.
- These events are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $189,922 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
- Women's Health services. Preventive health screening for women, annual wellness visits, gynecology, and family planning. Also, parenting supports and infant and toddler nutrition.
- Chiropractic care to help patients with back, neck and other musculoskeletal aches and pain, reduce inflammation, relieve headaches, and so much more!
- Chronic disease management for asthma, diabetes, hypertension/heart health, HIV, and treatment and services for Hepatitis C
- LGBTQIA-responsive services for all ages
- Behavioral health consultants, who work side-by-side with medical providers to help address behaviors, thoughts, emotions, and social/environmental factors that affect health and well-being. BHCs assist patients who would like to make changes to better manage their health or help adjust to life changes.
- And more!
Behavioral Health and Addiction Treatment for All Ages
- Behavioral health care for all ages, including individual, group, and family therapy. We can help with anxiety and depression, defiant behaviors, trauma, grief, substance use disorders, and more. Intensive Outpatient Programs are available also! Psychiatric services, including evaluations and medication management, are also provided. Services are LGBTQIA-responsive.
- Walk-In Access to Behavioral Health Services
We offer same day walk-in access for behavioral health services. To best support our patients, first-time evaluations are conducted Monday–Friday: 9:00 AM–3:30 PM. We value your time and are dedicated to providing excellent service in a timely manner.
- Walk-In Access to Behavioral Health Services
- NEW! TMS: State-of-the Art, Highly Effective Treatment for Depression from NeuroStar® This noninvasive therapy uses magnetic fields to activate regions in the brain which have decreased activity in patients with depression. It is also extremely effective for patients with anxiety disorders including OCD, has almost no contraindications, and requires no medication.
- Treatment for addiction, including individual and group therapy and medications for substance use disorder such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and buprenorphine (Suboxone® and Sublocade® - buprenorphine extended-release) for alcohol, heroin and opioid addiction
- Peer support staff in addiction treatment help patients through their common lived experiences.
- Reentry Programs for adults re-entering the community following incarceration.
Keeping You Not Just Healthy, But Well
- LGBTQIA-responsive services, including our Walk With Me service track!
- Care management services, including assistance coordinating appointments and services at Wheeler and in the community, and assessing and supporting the basic needs of life
- Community Health Workers, who can connect patients to services and resources in the community
- Support for the basic needs of life, through our Basic Needs Fund, supported through the generosity of Wheeler's donors.
- Nutrition Services. Nutrition counseling, self-management of diabetes and other health conditions, pediatric nutrition program, and eating for healthy lifestyles counseling. Supported in part through the generosity of the Corsini Family.
- Free Produce Distribution, from the Holcomb Farm Fresh Access Program, thanks to the support of Wheeler's generous donors.
- Senior Outreach and Engagement Program (SOEP) provides outreach, education, assessment, case management, and referral services for older adults (age 55+) living in the North Central Connecticut cities and towns within DMHAS Region 4. The program serves older adults who are isolated and have mental health and/or substance use concerns.
Pharmacy and Lab Services On Site!
- Genoa Healthcare pharmacy
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Can fill all medications (not just behavioral health) and for your whole family!
- Mails all medications (at no extra cost) or you can pick them up at curbside
- Organizes your pills based on the date and time you need to take them, making it easy to stay on track
- Helps you transfer prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Switch to a better pharmacy today!
- Quest Diagnostics laboratory services.
- Our lab accepts lab slips from Wheeler Family Health and Wellness Center providers. Some of the services available include: blood draws, breath tests, observed urine tests, in-house pick up services for departments, and so much more!
School-Based Health Centers in New Britain
Wheeler’s school-based health centers provide individual behavioral health services as well as linkage to other services in the community, including connections with the Family Health and Wellness Center for primary care, and a broad continuum of outpatient and community-based care.
Services are trauma-informed and available in both individual and group settings.
Referral Form - (Word format)
A Team Focused On YOU
Our providers, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors, care facilitators, and all staff work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.