Depression and Anxiety Treatment in Connecticut
Times are Challenging. We Can Help.
Symptoms of Depression
Depression is a serious, but common and treatable mood disorder that affects children and adults at of all ages. Depression affects how we think, feel and pursue our daily lives. Some symptoms of depression include feelings of persistent sadness, hopelessness, irritability or helplessness; decreased energy or fatigue, difficulty concentrating, thoughts of suicide and more. People with depression often have anxiety or a history of anxiety earlier in life.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety disorders are common, highly treatable psychiatric illnesses affecting children and adults and develop from a complex set of risk factors, including genetics, brain chemistry, personality, and life events. There are different types of anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, often characterized as persistent excessive worry for weeks and months, with symptoms of restlessness, feeling wound-up or on edge, being easily fatigued, difficulty concentrating, irritability, muscle tension, difficulty controlling worry, sleep problems and more. Other disorders, such as panic disorder, society anxiety disorder, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) are classified as anxiety disorders.
If you or a loved one are struggling with depression or anxiety, Wheeler can help. We offer an array of outpatient and intensive in-home programs for children, adolescents and adults to treat depression, anxiety and other behavioral health issues.
Our treatment team includes licensed addiction counselors, clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists and other treatment specialists who employ person-centered approaches to depression and anxiety, and strategies for addressing specific needs.
Call Wheeler’s Navigation Center at 888-793-3500 for more information about making an appointment at a Wheeler center near you.
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, Bristol health center
10 and 225 North Main Street, Bristol
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, Hartford health center
43 Woodland Street, Hartford
- Wheeler Health & Wellness Center, New Britain health center
75 North Mountain Road, New Britain
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, Plainville health center
91 Northwest Drive, Plainville
- Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center, Waterbury health center
855 Lakewood Road, Waterbury
Wheeler Depression and Anxiety Resources
- Wheeler’s Resource Library has an array of information about depression and related conditions
- Wheeler’s Resource Library contains materials about anxiety disorders
- Wheeler’s Connecticut Clearinghouse offers several resources on depression and anxiety
Local and National Depression and Anxiety Resources
- Get the facts about depression (NIH.gov)
- Learn more about the symptoms of depression (APA.org)
- Learn more about anxiety disorders (NIH.gov)
- Learn more about the symptoms of anxiety. (APA.org)
- Learn how to manage anxiety (ADAA.org)
- Find help and treatment for depression (SAMHSA.gov)
- Depression resources for Veterans and Military Families (SAMHSA.gov)