Wheeler provides primary care, addiction services, and mental health treatment in Connecticut. We serve individuals of all ages.
Click to Call Us Now!
Wheeler's Navigation Center: 888-793-3500
Monday through Friday, 8AM to 6PM
WHAT'S NEW AT WHEELER
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), a novel and effective specialty behavioral health treatment from NeuroStar®. This noninvasive therapy uses magnetic fields to activate regions in the brain which have decreased activity in patients with depression. It is also extremely effective for patients with anxiety disorders including OCD, has almost no contraindications, and requires no medication.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment for addiction - Highly effective treatment for opioid (for example, prescription painkillers, fentanyl, and heroin) and alcohol use. Combined with individual and/or group therapies, MAT involves effective, evidence-based treatment and medications like Suboxone and Naltrexone for addiction.
- Spravato - A new and highly effective treatment for patients suffering with depression. We have a specially designed suite devoted specifically for patients receiving Spravato®, the first prescription nasal spray, taken with an oral antidepressant, which is FDA-approved for:adults with treatment-resistant depression and depressive symptoms in adults with major depressive disorder.
Our Family Health & Wellness Centers provide a full range of integrated medical and behavioral health services for all ages:
Medical Care For All Ages
- Physical exams
- Pediatrics, including well-child care and immunizations
- COVID Vaccines
- NEW! Walk-in COVID vaccine clinics for the public at all Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Centers below on Wednesdays in May from 1:00-3:00 PM. No appointment is necessary.
- Individuals who are unvaccinated can receive the bivalent vaccine as a walk-in as well.
- All locations will have the Pfizer adult bivalent booster (for ages 12 and up). The Family Health & Wellness Center in Hartford will also offer the Pfizer primary booster series for children aged 6 mo-4 years, and the Pfizer primary and booster for pediatric patients aged 5-11 years.
- These events are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $189,922 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
- Women’s health care
- Preventive health screening for women, annual wellness visits, gynecology, obstetrics and family planning. Also, parenting supports and infant and toddler nutrition.
- Chronic disease management for:
- hypertension/heart health
- Hepatitis C
- LGBTQIA-responsive services
- Dental care
- Complementary medicine, like chiropractic care, mindfulness, and more
- HIV/AIDS medical case management
- Nutrition counseling and support
- And more!
Mental Health For All Ages
- Individual and family therapy
- Intensive outpatient programs
- In-home programs
- Evaluations and medication management
- We can help with:
- defiant behaviors
- substance use disorders
- And more!
We serve consumers with special needs, including autism, anger management, opiate and other addictions, gambling addiction, early childhood developmental issues, and more.
We meet people where they are in their recovery and also where they live, through programs provided in community settings and families’ homes.
A Full Continuum of Care
Wheeler's full continuum of services serve individuals and families across the state and the lifespan. Learn more about how Wheeler can help you and your family.