Events and Ways to Help
Make a difference in the life of a child in your community. Attend a Foster Care Open House
Wheeler Foster Care Open Houses are held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The 2nd Tuesday sessions take place at 88 East Street in Plainville, and the 4th Tuesday sessions happen at CoWorkder Hub, 900 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury.
- February 26, 2019, CoWorker Hub, 900 Straits Turnpike #205Middlebury,
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- March 12, 2019, 88 East Street, Plainville, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- March 26, 2019, CoWorker Hub, 900 Straits Turnpike #205Middlebury,
- April 9, 2019, 88 East Street, Plainville, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- April 23, 2019, CoWorker Hub, 900 Straits Turnpike #205Middlebury,
Attend a TIPS-MAPP Course
Classes start March 7, 2019 and run from 6-9 pm
Prospective foster parents and anyone wishing to learn more about foster care can enroll in a 10-week Trauma-Informed Partnering for Safety and Permanence – Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (TIPS-MAPP) class to learn about the process. Wheeler’s MAPP course covers a range of topics, including an overview of children in foster care, behaviors, loss and grief, strengths and needs, what families can expect when fostering a child or children, and more. Participants will meet others who also are embarking on the foster care journey. There is no obligation to become a foster parent while attending the MAPP course.
Pre-registration required. To apply for the course, call:
Recruitment Line: 860.793.7277