Foster Care Open Houses and TIPS-MAPP Course
Make a difference in the life of a child in your community. Attend a Foster Care Open House
Wheeler Foster Care Open Houses are held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. The 2nd Tuesday sessions take place at 88 East Street in Plainville, and the 4th Tuesday sessions happen at 50 Brookside Road in Waterbury.
- February 27, 2018, 50 Brookside Road, Waterbury, 6-7pm
- March 13, 2018, 88 East Street, Plainville, 6-8 pm
- March 27, 2018, 50 Brookside Road, Waterbury, 6-8 pm
- April 10, 2018, 88 East Street, Plainville, 6-8 pm
- April 24, 2018, 50 Brookside Road, Waterbury, 6-8 pm
- May 8, 2018, 88 East Street, Plainville, 6-8 pm
- May 22, 2018, 50 Brookside Road, Waterbury, 6-8 pm
Attend a TIPS-MAPP Course:
Pre-registration and an application process required.
Prospective foster parents and anyone wishing to learn more about foster care can enroll in a 10-week Trauma-Informed Partnering for Safety and Permanence – Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting (TIPS-MAPP) class to learn about the process. Wheeler’s MAPP course covers a range of topics, including an overview of children in foster care, behaviors, loss and grief, strengths and needs, what families can expect when fostering a child or children, and more. Participants will meet others who also are embarking on the foster care journey. There is no obligation to become a foster parent while attending the MAPP course.
Pre-registration required. To apply for the course, contact:
Foster Care Senior Recruiter
Recruitment Line: 860.793.7277