School-based Health Centers in Bristol and New Britain, Connecticut
Bristol Public Schools
- Bristol Arts and Innovation Magnet School (BAIMS) 70 Memorial Boulevard
- Bristol Central High School, 480 Wolcott Street
- Bristol Eastern High School, 632 King Street
- Bristol Preparatory Academy, 210 Redstone Hill Road
- Chippens Hill School, 551 Peacedale Street
- Edgewood School, 345 Mix Street
- Greene-Hills School, 718 Pine Street
- Hubbell School, 90 West Washington Street
- Ivy Drive School, 160 Ivy Drive
- Mountain View School, 71 Vera Road
- Northeast Middle School, 530 Stevens Street
- South Side School, 21 Tuttle Road
- Stafford School, 212 Louisiana Avenue
- West Bristol School, 500 Clarke Avenue
New Britain Public Schools
- DiLoreto Elementary & Middle School, 732 Slater Road
For more information in Bristol, call Courtney Russell at 860.426.5528 at 860.793.3500 or 888.793.3500. In New Britain, please call Heather Arduini at 860.782.2476.
Wheeler and the public schools in Bristol and New Britain have partnered to expand access to health services for students and their families. New school-based behavioral health clinics employ a national cognitive behavioral intervention model to help students address trauma-related issues, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and behavioral health issues, and provide other evidence-based interventions to address an array of problems, including anxiety, depression, academic and peer challenges, and more. Linkage to other services in the community, including assistance with SNAP enrollment and connections with primary and dental care at Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Center, and a broad continuum of outpatient and community-based levels of care, also are provided. A Wheeler clinician supports each school location.
A sliding fee scale is available based on family size and income. No patient will be denied health care services due to an individual’s inability to pay for services. Wheeler is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).