Wheeler Waterbury Family Health & Wellness Center, 855 Lakewood Road, Waterbury, CT
Complete Health Care, One Convenient Location.
Community health center at:
855 Lakewood Road, Waterbury, CT 06704
NEW IN WATERBURY
- Intensive Outpatient Program for children and adolescents to help address complex behavioral health challenges.
- Wheeler is proud to offer Spravato® (eskatamine) therapy the only FDA-approved nasal spray for patients suffering with depression. In Waterbury, we have a specially designed suite devoted specifically for patients receiving Spravato®.
Medical Care for Adults, Children, and Families
- Physical exams
- Pediatrics, including well-child care and immunizations
- COVID and Flu Vaccines - Help protect yourself and the people around you by getting a flu and COVID vaccine.
- No insurance? We offer walk-in vaccinations for you and your family, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 3:30 PM, at our Family Health & Wellness Centers in Hartford and Waterbury.
- These events are supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $189,922 with 0% financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.
- Chronic disease management for asthma, diabetes, hypertension/heart health, HIV, and treatment and services for Hepatitis C
- Women's health services. Preventive health screening for women, annual wellness visits, gynecology, and family planning. Also, parenting supports and infant and toddler nutrition.
- Chiropractic care to help patients with back, neck and other musculoskeletal aches and pain, reduce inflammation, relieve headaches, and so much more!
- LGBTQIA-responsive services for all ages
- Behavioral health consultants, who work side-by-side with medical providers to help address behaviors, thoughts, emotions, and social/environmental factors that affect health and well-being. BHCs assist patients who would like to make changes to better manage their health or help adjust to life changes.
- And more!
Behavioral Health and Addiction Treatment for All Ages
- Behavioral health services for all ages, including individual, group, and family therapy. We can help with anxiety and depression, defiant behaviors, trauma, grief, substance use disorders, and more. Intensive Outpatient Programs are available also! Psychiatric services, including evaluations and medication management, are also provided. Our services are LGBTQIA-responsive.
- Walk-In Access to Behavioral Health Services We offer same day walk-in access for behavioral health services. To best support our patients, first-time evaluations are conducted Monday–Friday: 9:00 AM–3:30 PM. We value your time and are dedicated to providing excellent service in a timely manner.
- Intensive Outpatient Program for Children and Adolescents to help address complex behavioral health challenges.
- Spravato (esketamine) for depression. New in Waterbiury!
- Treatment for addiction, including individual and group therapy and medications for substance use disorder such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and buprenorphine (Suboxone® and Sublocade® - buprenorphine extended-release) for alcohol, heroin and opioid addiction
- Peer support staff in addiction treatment help patients through their common lived experiences.
- PROUD Program for women who are pregnant or parenting young children and who have active substance use concerns, or a substance use history, including opioid use, or a related disorder
Keeping You Not Just Healthy, But Well
- LGBTQIA-responsive services, including our Walk With Me service track!
- Care management services, including assistance coordinating appointments and services at Wheeler and in the community, and assessing and supporting the basic needs of life
- Community Health Workers, who can connect patients to services and resources in the community
- Support for the basic needs of life, through the Basic Needs Fund, supported by Wheeler's generous donors.
- Nutrition Services. Nutrition counseling, self-management of diabetes and other health conditions, pediatric nutrition program, and eating for healthy lifestyles counseling. Supported in part through the generosity of the Corsini Family.
- Free Produce Distribution, from the Holcomb Farm Fresh Access Program, thanks to the support of Wheeler's generous donors.
On-Site Pharmacy and Lab Services
- On-site Genoa Healthcare pharmacy
- Free delivery or curbside pick-up
- Can fill all medications (not just behavioral health), for your whole family
- Mails all medications (at no extra cost) or you can pick them up at curbside
- Organizes your pills based on the date and time you need to take them, making it easy to stay on track
- Helps you transfer prescriptions from other pharmacies
- Quest Diagnostics laboratory services. Our lab accepts lab slips from Wheeler Family Health and Wellness Center providers. Some of the services available include: blood draws, breath tests, observed urine tests, in-house pick up services for departments, and so much more!
A Team Focused on YOU
Our providers, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors, care facilitators, and all staff work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Foster Care in Waterbury
Wheeler is a leading provider of foster care in Connecticut, especially in the Waterbury region. Learn more about Wheeler's Foster Care Programs!