Wheeler New Britain Family Health and Wellness Center
75 North Mountain Road
New Britain, CT
860.793.3500 or toll-free 888.793.3500
- Walk-in services are provided, but calling first is strongly recommended. Most services can be provided by telephone or telehealth.
- Wheeler's Navigation Center is open at 860.793.3500, Monday through Thursday, 8AM to 6PM and Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
- Learn more about COVID testing at Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Wheeler’s New Britain Family Health & Wellness Center is a community health center and offers convenient primary care, substance abuse treatment and behavioral health services.
Walk-in, same-day care provided.
- Primary care for adults (ages 18+)
- A range of substance abuse treatment services, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and buprenorphine (Suboxone®) for alcohol, heroin and opioid addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports
- Physical examinations
- Behavioral health care services
- Coordination and referral for dental care, pediatrics and specialty health services
- Laboratory services
Staff Focused on YOUR Needs and Whole-Person Health
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers provide a continuum of integrated primary care, behavioral health, preventive dental and support services. Our medical care providers, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
News Related to Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Centers
Five Tips to Help Teens Cope During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 does not discriminate based on age. A group that can easily be overlooked are teens, who are going through a transitional period towards becoming an adult. On a normal day, teens are navigating so many feelings, awkward social moments, and discovering who they are.
Living and Working with Your Partner
During this unprecedented time, our lives and routines have been turned upside down. We find ourselves limiting our time outside of the home and spending 24 hours a day, seven days a week at home with our families. Our homes have been transformed into offices and schools, which can be overwhelming at times.
Grieving Death During the COVID-19 Pandemic
With the COVID-19 pandemic at or near peak in Connecticut, many local residents may unfortunately face the death of a loved one, a friend, or an acquaintance. We asked Kim Nelson, LCSW, Wheeler’s Chief Program Officer, for her thoughts on grief and grieving to help all of us find acceptance and peace.
Marking the Spring Holiday Season During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Holidays such as Passover, Easter, and Ramadan are important observances during the early spring season. This year, the COVID-19 outbreak has changed how these holidays are celebrated in many corners of the world, prompting us to think more innovatively and creatively about how to foster connection with friends and loved ones.
Why Mindfulness Matters, Especially Now
An interview with Chuck Schad, mindfulness facilitator, Wheeler, reveals why the practice of mindfulness is an effective approach to managing physical and mental health concerns, especially when coupled with existing behavioral health and primary care services.