Wheeler New Britain Family Health and Wellness Center
75 North Mountain Road
New Britain, CT
860.793.3500 or toll-free 888.793.3500
- Walk-in services are provided, but calling first is strongly recommended. Most services can be provided by telephone or telehealth.
- Wheeler's Navigation Center is open at 860.793.3500, Monday through Thursday, 8AM to 6PM and Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
- Learn more about COVID testing at Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Centers.
Wheeler’s New Britain Family Health & Wellness Center is a community health center and offers convenient primary care, substance abuse treatment and behavioral health services.
Walk-in, same-day care provided.
- Primary care for adults (ages 18+)
- A range of substance abuse treatment services, including medication-assisted treatment (such as extended-release naltrexone (Vivitrol®) and buprenorphine (Suboxone®) for alcohol, heroin and opioid addiction, tobacco cessation services and recovery supports
- Physical examinations
- Behavioral health care services
- Coordination and referral for dental care, pediatrics and specialty health services
- Laboratory services
Staff Focused on YOUR Needs and Whole-Person Health
Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Centers provide a continuum of integrated primary care, behavioral health, preventive dental and support services. Our medical care providers, medical assistants, clinicians, counselors and care facilitators work as part of an integrated, whole-person team, ensuring that your complete health is considered and cared for. This ensures the best outcomes and provides a more comprehensive view of wellness.
Meet our clinical leadership at our Family Health & Wellness Centers.
News Related to Wheeler's Family Health & Wellness Centers
Community Health Centers - Leaders in Connecticut's Health Care
Each year, more than 28 million individuals receive care in community health centers like Wheeler...one in 12 Americans! The complete, whole-person care delivered by health centers improves health outcomes and addresses some of the most pressing issues in health care today like: access to affordable care; treatment for substance use disorders and chronic diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure; equity and injustice; and much more.
August is National Breastfeeding Month: Ways to Show Your Support
August is National Breastfeeding Month, a time to consider the positive impact of breastfeeding and ensure that families who choose this practice have the support they need to reach their goals. You can play a role by helping breastfeeding parents within your family, at the workplace, in public locations, and health care settings.
COVID-19 Testing at Wheeler
Wheeler offers COVID-19 virus and antibody testing for patients at all of its Family Health & Wellness Center sites, and drive-through and walk-up testing in Hartford and Waterbury.
Wheeler Family Health & Wellness Center Opens at 855 Lakewood Road, Waterbury
Wheeler’s Waterbury Family Health & Wellness Center has moved from 100 Jefferson Square to 855 Lakewood Road, and the new community health center is now open. An expanded array of primary care and behavioral health services, including medication-assisted treatment for addiction, will be offered through walk-in, appointments, and telehealth and telemedicine services.