Intensive In-home Behavioral Health Services
Download as PDF
Download a Referral Form
NOTE: Submitting a referral does not ensure an immediate intake date.
Please call 475.222.6015 to confirm that the referral was received and to determine a timeline for services.
LOCAL, INNOVATIVE AND EFFECTIVE TREATMENT, PROVIDED IN A FAMILY’S HOME,
FOR THOSE WITH COMPLEX PSYCHIATRIC AND/OR SUBSTANCE ABUSE NEEDS.
The Intensive In-home Behavioral Health Service (IIBHS) helps children, adolescents and young adults, ages 3 to 24, with acute psychiatric and/or co-occurring challenges. The program—provided by Wheeler Clinic, an established statewide organization serving Connecticut for nearly 50 years—serves children, adolescents and young adults insured by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut.
IIBHS is an innovative, strengths-based in-home service tailored to address the unique individual, familial and environmental factors that most contribute to the children’s, adolescents’ and young adults’ behavioral health challenges. Youth and young adults referred to IIBHS are at risk or have histories of emergency department, inpatient and/or residential treatment admissions. Presenting problems may include:
- Suicidal or self-harming behavior
- Aggressive and oppositional behavior
- Mood or psychotic disturbances
- Onset of major mental health illness
- Co-occurring mental health and substance abuse concerns
Many referred children, adolescents and young adults have challenges in multiple settings and situations, including at school or work, with peers, or in their homes. The program targets each of these areas with the goal of helping them remain safe and stable in their homes and communities.
- Rapid response to emergency departments, inpatient units or home to facilitate immediate access to treatment
- Strengths-based, intensive in-home, individual and/or family therapy delivered at flexible, convenient times
- 24/7 crisis support, including response to homes or emergency departments
- Integration with primary care, schools and other treatment providers