Supportive Housing for Families
The Supportive Housing for Families® program provides families served by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families (DCF) throughout the state with support services, and access to safe, quality, affordable and housing. Wheeler Clinic is proud to be among six statewide partner agencies for this initiative, which is funded by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families in partnership with The Connection, Inc.
The mission of the program is to help DCF families thrive by finding homes in safe, nurturing neighborhoods, achieving economic independence, developing healthy relationships, and providing their children with a stable and caring home environment.
- Housing subsidy and/or rental housing to help families achieve reunification/preservation.
- Case management services that focus on financial support, employment, housing, transportation, family support and child care; and overall health and behavioral health services.
- An Individualized Service Plan (ISP) to meet the unique needs of families.
- Referrals, advocacy, crisis intervention and counseling services, as needed.
- Coordination of substance abuse treatment such as Relapse Prevention, Children’s Services, Education Support and Parenting Training.
Families are referred to this program by the Connecticut Department of Children and Families.
Connecticut Department of Children and Families in partnership with
The Connection, Inc.