Recovery Facilitation Program
Serving adults, 18 years and older, who are insured by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Connecticut, with complex substance use disorders. These individuals may be transitioning from hospital, detoxification centers, or residential facilities, or have a history of multiple admissions to these settings. Care is provided by a multidisciplinary recovery team that employs an integrative approach that includes medical, behavioral health and peer support. This team works collaboratively with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Connecticut and other health partners to ensure effective coordination and implementation of all aspects of an individual’s recovery process.
REFERRALS CAN BE MADE BY CALLING 860.306.8571.
- Assessment and evaluation, offered within 24 hours, or at the convenience of the patient.
- Care transition, including participation in discharge planning, facilitating transitions across systems of care, and ensuring a warm hand-off.
- Recovery planning, including individualized and patient-centered assessment and collaborative goal setting.
- Relapse prevention, including strategies for managing potential triggers, such as work-related stress, family issues, mental health disorders, physical pain, and social or environmental events leading to substance abuse, and other supportive interventions that help an individual manage their recovery and overall health.
- Linkage to Wheeler’s array of addiction treatment services, including psychiatric evaluation, Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), and other behavioral health services. (Referrals to other community providers can be made based on patient preferences.)
- Highly individualized, person-centered care
- Transition planning and ongoing coordination with in-state and out-of-state hospitals, detoxification centers and residential treatment programs, and, upon return, coordination with the individual’s health and behavioral health team and other community recovery supports
- In-home, ongoing face-to-face care to facilitate long-term recovery
- An integrative team approach to facilitate all aspects of a person’s recovery plan