Latino Outreach Program
Download PDF (English and Spanish)
Wheeler’s Latino Outreach Program ensures Latino individuals have access to supportive substance abuse and/or mental health services. The program refers individuals who would benefit from substance abuse and/or mental health treatment to local services. In addition, the program provides a combination of case management, information campaigns, home and hospital visits, and education through community-based, in-service training.
- Identify Latino individuals in need of substance abuse and/or mental health services
- Provide referrals to substance abuse and/or mental health treatment
- Create awareness in the Latino community of the risk factors, warning signs, treatment and recovery process of substance abuse and/or mental health disorders
- Assist individuals in the health insurance application process
- Provide home visits and case management services
- Coordinate transportation arrangement for treatment appointments
- Collaborate with community organizations
We serve adults in Bristol, New Britain and Plainville
Medicaid, commercial insurance or third-party payer accepted.
Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services