Five Reasons to Consult With a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Registered dietitian nutritionists (RDN) are food and nutrition experts who can help translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. Working with an RDN can help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- A registered dietitian nutritionist can create a personally-tailored nutrition plan to help you achieve your goals. Whether you want to improve sport performance or fix an on-going issue, a RDN is qualified to get you on the right track.
- Prescribed medication in conjunction with proper nutrition can help manage chronic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Eating the right number of fruits and vegetables with a personalized meal plan can help maintain blood sugar levels.
- If losing weight is one of your goals, proper diet and exercise can help you get there. An RDN will use creative strategies to help with meal planning, grocery shopping, food journaling, and mindful eating.
- Navigating food sensitivities and allergies can translate into a boring diet, and may even lead to nutrient deficiencies. An RDN can teach you how to read food labels so you’ll know which ingredients to avoid, and help you find substitutions to keep your diet balanced and tasty, too.
- If you have digestive issues, a registered dietitian nutritionist will work with your physician to help fine-tune your diet so you are not aggravating your condition with fried foods, too much caffeine, or carbonation.
Jessica Masterson, RDN, CDN, CDCES, offers individual and group counseling services at our Family Health & Wellness Centers in Hartford, New Britain, and Waterbury. Her services include a review of food intakes, eating habits, physical activity, medical conditions and medications, and the development of a tailored plan to match a consumer’s lifestyle and needs. She also runs a diabetes education class to help consumers gain a better understanding of diabetes and how it affects the body and overall health, as well as an adult and pediatric weight management program. Click here to learn more and to schedule an appointment.