Behavioral Health Groups and Other Services Temporarily On Hold Because of COVID-19 Virus
PAGE UPDATED on MARCH 30, 2020
Wheeler staff are working with patients to offer appropriate alternatives in order to support and meet their needs, including telehealth (click to learn more). Please contact your clinician or call our Navigation Center at 888.793.3500 to learn what options are available!
This page includes a list of behavioral health groups or related services that are on hold, or have changed, due to COVID-19. This list will be updated on an ongoing basis. If you are a Community Justice/Alternative in the Community (AIC) client, please scroll down for additional details related to your services.
If you have specific questions, or if you are unsure about whether your service or group is on hold, please call our Navigation Center at 860.793.3500.
HOURS OF OPERATION – Bristol, Hartford, New Britain, and Waterbury Family Health & Wellness Centers, and 91 Northwest Drive, Plainville
- Wheeler outpatient and primary care sites, including our Family Health & Wellness Centers in Bristol, Hartford, New Britain, and Waterbury, and our 91 Northwest Drive location in Plainville, will operate from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. during the week. This schedule may change, and Friday hours may vary. More details to come.
THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS ARE ON HOLD INDEFINITELY UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED:
HARTFORD – 43 Woodland Street*
- All Adult Outpatient Groups for Hartford and the Children’s LGBT Outpatient Group in Hartford are on hold.
- All Children's Outpatient Groups in Hartford are on hold.
- Bettor Choice Gambling Treatment groups are on hold.
- Saturday Hours at Wheeler’s Family Health & Wellness Center in Hartford will resume in May.
- Healthy Kids in the Kitchen Cooking Classes at 49 Woodland Street are cancelled until further notice.
- Intensive Outpatient Services groups are on hold.
* Patients are being seen individually via telehealth and confidential phone services.
HARTFORD GROUPS – ON HOLDMonday
- Wellness and Recovery, 1 p.m.–2 p.m.
- Men’s Early Recovery, 3 p.m.–4 p.m.
- Women’s Relapse Prevention, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Men’s Motivational Group, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Women’s Motivational Group, 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Men’s Anger Management, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Men’s DBT Skills, 12 p.m.–1 p.m.
- Gambling Recovery, 1 p.m.–2 p.m.
- Spanish Co-Occurring, 2 p.m.–3 p.m.
- Children’s Support Group, 6 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Men’s Anger Management, 6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Acudetox, 10 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Women’s DBT Skills, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Women’s Emotion Management, 11:30 a.m.–12:20 p.m.
NEW BRITAIN GROUPS – 75 North Mountain Road – ON HOLD
- Spanish Speaking Men’s Co-occurring, 5 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Substance Abuse Intervention, 5:30 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Men’s Anger Management for Substance Abuse, 4:30 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Men’s Relapse Prevention, 12 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Men’s Substance Abuse Intervention, 5:30 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Men’s Anger Management, 5 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Men’s Relapse Prevention, 6 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Men’s Wellness, 5:30 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Co-occurring Group for Women, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Women’s Wellness, 12 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
BRISTOL GROUPS – 10 and 225 North Main Street(s) – ON HOLD
- MATx Group
- Illness Management and Recovery
- Men’s Relapse Prevention
- Women’s Relapse Prevention
- Intensive Outpatient Services (IOP)*
- Women’s Substance Abuse Intervention Group
- Men’s Substance Abuse Intervention Group
*Intensive Outpatient Services (IOP) are at capacity.
WATERBURY GROUPS – 100 Jefferson Square – ON HOLDMonday
- Illness Management and Recovery, 3 p.m.–4 pm.
- Substance Abuse Intervention Group, 4 p.m.–5 p.m.
- Relapse Prevention, 4:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Illness Management and Recovery, 10:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
PLAINVILLE GROUPS/PROGRAMS – 91 Northwest Drive – ON HOLD
- We are still accommodating Open Access Walk-in intakes for Children's Outpatient Programs (COP) and Adult Outpatient Programs (AOP) at 91 Northwest Drive.
- All Adult Outpatient Groups and Intensive Outpatient Groups are on hold.
- Adult Outpatient (AOP) Medicare Co-Occurring Group (Mixed Gender), Fridays at 10 a.m., is currently on hold indefinitely.
- Women's Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient (IOP) which runs from 9:30 a.m.–1 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, is on hold.
- Children’s Outpatient (COP) groups are on hold.
- Extended Day Treatment (EDT) groups at this location and 20 Tuttle Place in Middletown are closed indefinitely. EDT clinicians will be working with clients to offer telehealth services.
The following Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Groups are on hold:
- Daytime Men’s Substance Abuse IOP, 10 a.m.–1:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Evening Men’s Substance Abuse IOP, 4 p.m.–7:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
- Daytime Mixed Gender Mental Health IOP, 9:30 am–1 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
PLAINVILLE - 91 Northwest Drive, Northwest Village School
In accordance with the Connecticut State mandate, Northwest Village School will be closed through April 20, 2020. For more information, or for questions, please contact Jon Oddo, MS, CAGS, vice president/principal, at 860.793.3781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLAINVILLE – 334 Farmington Avenue
- Connecticut Clearinghouse is closed.
MIDDLETOWN – 20 Tuttle Place
- Extended Day Treatment (EDT) groups at this location and 91 Northwest Drive in Plainville are closed indefinitely. EDT clinicians will be working with clients to offer telehealth services.
COMMUNITY JUSTICE PROGRAMS
- All in-person group services for Explore, Parenting Education, Family Violence Education, and Pre-trial Alcohol and Drug Education programs are on hold through Friday, April 10th.
- Alternative in the Community (AIC), Explore, and Pre-trial Alcohol and Drug Education (PTIP) program staff are conducting all individual services by phone, including PTIP evaluations.