Become a community health worker.
Wheeler's community outreach teams are expanding IN
Bristol, New Britain and Hartford!
Serve your local neighborhood and city through a career connecting your neighbors and community to services that improve health and wellness, like doctors, SNAP benefits and Medicaid.
These positions work with Keturah Kinch, our director of health center community engagement, and use YOUR knowledge of YOUR community to make sure everyone has access to effective and accessible health care and education.
Wheeler offers a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Your Family's Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $500 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work/Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services